The Hamtramck Recreation District Advisory Group is looking for inaugural board members to create the Hamtramck Parks Conservancy (HPC). Under the Board’s leadership, the HPC will revitalize Veterans Park and Playfair into an outstanding community asset, and be fully responsible for the park’s operation. The City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Public Schools – as shared owners of the site – have partnered with key stakeholders, the Detroit City Football Club and Friends of Historic Hamtramck Stadium, to develop a detailed plan for the Hamtramck Recreation District. With this plan, the HPC can hit the ground running.
Board of Directors’ Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the Hamtramck Recreation District, the implementation of the Hamtramck Parks Conservancy, and who has a track record of board leadership. HPC will consider members without prior board experience but who are dedicated to learning and growing with the organization.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, academic or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Hamtramck, and the partners of HPC, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Hamtramck residents
- Ability to serve the HPC Board on a volunteer basis
Further, Board Members are expected to…
- Establish and follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
To request an application, please email email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by November 30th.