Human Resources Department
3401 Evaline Street, 3rd Floor
Hamtramck, MI 48212
Phone: (313) 800-5214
Fax: (313) 974-7973
Human Resources is responsible for managing the employee life cycle including staffing, employee benefits, compensation, human resource policies and procedures, and workers compensation.
Most union positions require the City to have a listing of available candidates. As positions open, candidates will be drawn from the listing for the interview process. The listings are generally good for a period of two years.
Any individual who wishes to be considered for a specific position or listing will be required to fill out a City of Hamtramck Application for Employment. All resumes and applications are stamped with the date received. A pre-employment psychology, physical and drug test will be administered after a conditional offer of employment is made.
The City of Hamtramck is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Labor Contracts
Police Officer Association of Michigan
Hamtramck Command Officers Association
- COAM Collective Bargaining Agreement 2022-2025
- Memorandum of Understanding Between City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Command Officers Association 2018-2022
AFSCME Local 666
- Agreement Between the City of Hamtramck and AFSCME Local 666, 2022-2024
- City of Hamtramck and Local 750 IAFF Collective Bargaining Agreement 2020-2022
- IAFF Tentative Agreement Extension until December 31, 2023
Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS)
Contact Number: 1-800-767-6377
Customer Service: 800-325-4368