Human Resources Department
3401 Evaline Street, 3rd Floor
Hamtramck, MI 48212
HR Generalist – Nicole Bierie
Phone: (313) 800-5233 ext. 348
Fax: (313) 974-7973
Human Resources is responsible for managing the employee life cycle including staffing, employee benefits, compensation, human resource policies and procedures, and workers compensation.
Most union positions require the City to have a listing of available candidates. As positions open, candidates will be drawn from the listing for the interview process. The listings are generally good for a period of two years.
Any individual who wishes to be considered for a specific position or listing will be required to fill out a City of Hamtramck Application for Employment. All resumes and applications are stamped with the date received. A pre-employment psychology, physical and drug test will be administered after a conditional offer of employment is made.
The City of Hamtramck is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Job Postings
Police Officer – Full Time
Current Labor Contracts
Police Officer Association of Michigan
- Tentative Agreement Between the City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council
- POAM Contract
Hamtramck Command Officers Association
- Memorandum of Understanding Between City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Command Officers Association 2018-2022
- Tentative Agreement Between the City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Ranking Officers Association 11-9-2017
- Collective Bargaining Agreement Between City of Hamtramck and Hamtramck Police Ranking Officers Association 2014-2016
AFSCME Local 666
International Association of Firefighters Local 750
- City of Hamtramck and Local 750, International Association of Firefighters, AFL-CIO Hamtramck Firefighters Association Collective Bargaining Agreement 2017-2020
Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS)
Contact Number: 1-800-767-6377
Customer Service: 800-325-4368